If you want to learn more about hair extensions in Nigeria, this is the place for you. Whether you are interested in starting a hair salon in Nigeria, or a hair business owner, these are some key information you need to know.
- 1 Overview of hair extensions in Nigeria
- 2 Origin of hair extensions in Nigeria
- 3 How to find reliable supplier providing hair extensions in Nigeria
- 4 Tips to avoid scams in finding supplier of hair extensions in Nigeria
- 5 Steps to purchase and receive hair extensions in Nigeria smoothly
- 6 Top 5 wholesale vendors for best hair extensions in Nigeria
- 6.1 Queen Hair – Top 1 wholesale vendor for hair extensions in Nigeria
- 6.2 K-Hair – Top 2 wholesale vendor for hair extensions in Nigeria
- 6.3 5S Hair – Top 3 wholesale vendor for hair extensions in Nigeria
- 6.4 Luna Hair – #4 hair extensions in Nigeria vendor
- 6.5 Ruby Hair – #5 hair extensions in Nigeria vendor
Overview of hair extensions in Nigeria
Growing demands for hair extensions in Nigeria are the reason haircare becomes a “multi-million dollar industry” here. If you are planning to break into this industry, you need to have a solid grasp on hair extensions in Nigeria.
- Hair extensions in Nigeria is one of the most traded products in Nigeria, offering endless lucrative business opportunities for Nigerians. Some recent research reported that the African’s dry hair industry is worth about 6 billion USD a year. Muma Gee, a well-known Nigerian singer recently said that she spends 500,000 naira on a single hair piece made of 11 sets of human hair.
- The truth is that hair extensions in Nigeria don’t come from Nigeria because of low quality hair from locals . All Nigeria hair extensions come from many countries such as Vietnam, China, India…If you are in business with hair extensions in Nigeria, you should choose the best wholesale hair vendor to supply the best price, high quality. Therefore, you will get the highest economic benefits.
Definition of hair extensions in Nigeria
Hair extensions in Nigeria are hair used to integrate with one’s natural hair, and can alter one’s appearance for long or short periods of time.
Hair extensions in Nigeria can be added to further one’s natural hair or cover the natural hair entirely. Wearing hair extensions can enhance one’s hair by giving it volume and length, and by adding color without the damage of chemicals or heat.
Classifications of hair extensions in Nigeria
There are various types of hair extensions in Nigeria to cater for different demands. The main common thing among them is that they are usually sew-ins hair wefts, which are hair strands attached to a fabric piece to be sewn on cornrows. Hair weft extensions can also be made into a wig, which is the most common way for Nigerian women to alter their hair.
Classification of hair extensions in Nigeria based on quality
The hair extensions in Nigeria can be made from either synthetic or real human hair. Real human hair extensions will act like a part of your natural hair, so its physical appearance will be the most appealing. But real human hair also has varied quality ranges. Here we will classify human hair extensions in Nigeria by quality: virgin, remy and non remy hair.
- Virgin hair extensions in Nigeria
Virgin hair extensions are manufactured from hair that has been donated from only one person’s head. They are real human hair extensions in Nigeria manufactured from a single bundle of hair from a single donor, thus the term “virgin hair.” Virgin hair extensions that have been treated or dyed cannot be restored to their original state. This type of hair extension is quite popular among hairdressers since it is great for bleaching, dyeing, and styling. This is the most expensive type of hair extensions in Nigeria available on the market.
This form of hair extension is getting increasingly difficult to obtain and is now practically limited to Asian nations such as Cambodia, Vietnam and India.
- Remy hair extensions in Nigeria
Remy hair extensions in Nigeria are created from the hair of numerous donors, with the hair strands organized in such a way that their cuticles line up. Cuticles are little “scales” that cover the outside section of a hair strand. Because remy hair is cuticle-aligned, it is tangle-free. Remy hair extensions in Nigeria can be kept unprocessed or thermally or chemically treated to form hair extensions or wigs.
- Non-remy hair extensions in Nigeria
Non-remy hair extensions in Nigeria are made from hair from many donors and are not placed in cuticle-aligned bundles. These hair extensions in Nigeria, which have minimal manufacturing costs, are still popular in the market for low-cost items.
It is totally up to you and your hair extensions in Nigeria business’s aims and client base to decide whether to use virgin, remy, or non-remy hair extensions. The finest quality hair is virgin hair, followed by remy hair, and the lowest is non-remy hair; the same is true for pricing. Hair business owners have to choose the right types of hair extensions in Nigeria to buy from suppliers depending on their budget and price they are charging their customers.
Classification of hair extensions in Nigeria based on grade
Beside quality, hair extensions in Nigeria can be classified on grade. There are three main grades of hair extensions in Nigeria: single drawn, double drawn, super double drawn.
- The first grade of hair extensions in Nigeria is single drawn: 50-60% of the hair is the same length, while the rest is shorter.
- The second grade of Nigeria hair extensions is double drawn: 60- 70% of the hair is the same length, while the rest is shorter.
- The third grade of hair extensions in Nigeria is super double drawn: 90-95% of the hair is the same length, while the rest is shorter.
Normally, a wig is made by 2-3 bundles and 1 closure/frontal. Therefore, you should choose high grades like super double drawn or double drawn for the best quality of products.
Classification of hair extensions in Nigeria based on texture
Hair extensions in Nigeria have many beautiful textures such as natural straight, bone straight, curly/wavy, pixie/kinky. Depending on your target customers, Nigeria hair extensions business owners could choose suitable texture.
See more: Best kinky hair extensions in Nigeria
There are many types of hair extensions in Nigeria, distinguished by quality, texture, grade. In order to have a successful hair business, hair extensions in Nigeria owners should choose the right wholesale hair supplier who provides a wide range of products with high quality.
Want to know more about which type of hair extensions in Nigeria you should choose for your business?
Origin of hair extensions in Nigeria
Hair extensions in Nigeria come from one main material source: imported hair. Local hair is cheaper, but often of lower quality, that’s why vendors supplying hair extensions in Nigeria import hair extensions from other countries, mostly Asian. And among those Asian countries, hair extensions mostly come from Vietnam, China and India.
Hair extensions in Nigeria from Vietnam
Vietnamese hair extensions in Nigeria are frequently made of 100 percent human hair, which is silky, lustrous, and long-lasting, making it the perfect hair for black or Caucasian ladies. They’re also lightweight and simple to wear.
- Vietnamese Hair extensions in Nigeria are provided with reasonable prices from a vast supply of raw materials. The hair was collected from healthy rural Vietnamese women. These Vietnamese ladies consume a high-fiber diet and live in fresh air, which keeps their scalp healthy and their hair shinier and more lustrous.
- Vietnamese hair extensions in Nigeria also come in a wide range of products. To be able to satisfy all of your clients’ demands, your business must have a diverse product line. Customers visit hair salons with a wide range of needs. If your dealer of hair extensions in Nigeria doesn’t have a large range of hair supply, it will be difficult or take a long time to obtain your desired hair products.
- Vietnamese hair used to be collected by Chinese merchants to make into Chinese hair extensions in Nigeria a few decades ago, but in recent years the hair manufacturing industry is blooming in Vietnam, so Vietnamese hair has made a name of its own. Because domestic resources are abundant, Vietnamese hair extensions in Nigeria are not mixed with other sources, preserving their quality.
Vietnamese hair extensions in Nigeria is a good starter for entrepreneurs who want to build a hair business. Vietnamese hair factories offer hair extensions in Nigeria with reasonable prices for the best quality, with good product diversity.
Hair extensions in Nigeria from China
China hair extensions in Nigeria are the most affordable, have the shortest delivery time, and are the most widely available. Isn’t it a good deal? Not quite.
China has large scale production and a superb logistic system, which gives them a massive edge on the price factor.
- Chinese hair extensions in Nigeria are often made from mixed sources of neighboring countries and very often India. Chinese hair is mostly blended, which means there is some synthetic hair in the product, leading to a way closer expiry date and lower quality.
- Chinese hair extensions in Nigeria are often stocked in inventories, which is a huge advantage on their flexible delivery time and price. But this can be a bad factor for hair quality, as human hair has a certain amount of moisture in it, and leaving them in stock for too long can depreciate the quality of the hair.
- On the sideline, the sad truth here is that there aren’t real Peruvian or Brazilian hair extensions in Nigeria, as South Americans don’t export their hair. China actually dominates the hair trade in Nigeria, and markets their hair products with other countries’ names. You can find out more about this fact from the book The Truth About the Human Hair Industry by Alix Moore.
For hair extensions in Nigeria, business owners who want the lowest price and the shortest shipping time, you could choose a supplier in China though the quality may not be as good as Vietnamese hair.
Hair extensions in Nigeria from India
Indian hair is the one taking up the biggest fraction of hair extensions in Nigeria, as a large number of Chinese hair dealers sell Indian hair extensions.
- Hair extensions in Nigeria from India are cheap and almost always available, especially raw hair.
- However, Indian hair extensions manufacturing has bad rep from unsanitary collecting practices, hence the product quality can be affected. India’s climate is quite hot and dry, so the hair can be weaker in nature compared to South East Asian people’s hair.
- Political instability in this country may also disrupt logistic services, so remember to check the news when you intend to order hair extensions in Nigeria from India.
In a nutshell, hair extensions in Nigeria come from 3 main countries: Vietnam, China and India. If lowest prices are what you are looking for, check out Chinese and Indian hair vendors. But if you want a reasonable price with better quality, Vietnamese hair is a go-to.
How to find reliable supplier providing hair extensions in Nigeria
As a business owner, you would want to find quality hair extensions in Nigeria with the least money and time invested. No need to pay any third-party for a vendor list, you can find them yourself through free platforms:
Finding suppliers for hair extensions in Nigeria on Google
Google is the most trust-worthy channel which helps you find a reliable supplier for the best hair extensions in Nigeria. Google will show you many results through searching and sorting by website’s reputation.
- Search up the Nigeria hair extensions of the kind of hair you want. Some keywords are “hair extensions in Nigeria recommendations”, “best hair vendors list Nigeria”, or “best hair suppliers in Nigeria”.
- Look around, look at their items, and see their criticism. A simple but efficient method. Top results (not advertised) are typically your best bet since they have significant traffic, and so a large consumer base, and also because Google’s algorithm ranks those websites highly.
Not only Google, social media also gives you a lot of useful information when you find a supplier for hair extensions in Nigeria.
- Many suppliers who provide hair extensions in Nigeria have lately upgraded their digital marketing for marketing. As these are the most prominent social media sites for hair traders, you will discover a plethora of dealers for hair extensions in Nigeria on Instagram, Facebook, and even Pinterest.
- You may locate a vendor list for hair extensions in Nigeria on Google, and then check out their social media to learn more about their company. Simply put those names into the search box, and you’ll be able to locate the top wholesale hair seller as well as additional hair merchants in the relevant search results.
See more: Hair extension brands in Nigeria
Finding suppliers for hair extensions in Nigeria on e-commerce websites
E-commerce websites are places where everyone is treated equally. Reviews provide valuable information about a customer’s level of happiness. Amazon, Alibaba, Shopify, and Shopee are great places to conduct market research on hair extensions in Nigeria. You may look for “best hair extensions in Nigeria” and observe the stores that come up in the search results. There are plenty of details there: overall shop review points, individual product reviews, product categories…
Finding supplier providing hair extensions in Nigeria through networking
Ask for tips and guidance about hair extensions in Nigeria from friends, acquaintances, and fellow hair business entrepreneurs. They might be people in real life or online groups such as Facebook Groups. These individuals have worked with hair sellers and so have significant reviews and knowledge in locating the top hair extensions in Nigeria. You can even get more than just ideas, but also personal advice on how to manage a hair salon.
Tips to avoid scams in finding supplier of hair extensions in Nigeria
Before you purchase, don’t forget to be well informed to protect your money and your benefits. Here are some tips from Queen Hair to avoid red flags from hair extensions in Nigeria vendors scammers:
- Check whether this vendor for hair extensions in Nigeria has credentials and registered address. Avoid frauds while purchasing hair extensions in Nigeria by double-checking their registered address and company registration ahead of time. You may wish to inquire about their legal record to confirm their dependability.
- Feedback of hair extensions in Nigeria vendor’s customers. Check out what people are saying about the hair extension Nigeria they purchased from these vendors. This will save you a significant amount of time, money, and frustration.
- Customer protection policies of hair vendors when buying hair extensions in Nigeria. A responsible business always tries to provide satisfactory products and services. How vendors are willing to commit to the customers’ best benefits is a good indicator on whether you should buy hair extensions in Nigeria from them or not.
Steps to purchase and receive hair extensions in Nigeria smoothly
Even if you’ve identified good hair extensions in Nigeria for your business, your work isn’t done. But don’t worry, we have some pointers to help your order run as well as possible with the least amount of extra time or money:
- Making a detailed order of hair extensions in Nigeria. Make sure to get as much information as possible about hair extension Nigeria, including all of the options, pricing ranges, and payment methods.
- Payment for orders of hair extensions in Nigeria. When getting Hair extensions in Nigeria online, don’t forget to ask: What kind of card do they accept? Is Paypal, VISA, or Mastercard accepted by the seller? What is the deposit amount? Being well-informed is the greatest approach to save time and maintain your financial rewards.
- Receiving hair extensions in Nigeria products. You will receive notice from shipping agents about your order by phone.
- Making feedback for dealers of hair extensions in Nigeria. Inform the vendor of your satisfaction (or lack thereof) with your purchase of hair extensions in Nigeria. This will be valuable consumer feedback for them to use in your future orders. Feedback is also an excellent money-saving method because many hair extensions suppliers in Nigeria offer coupons in exchange for feedback on their hair extensions.
Top 5 wholesale vendors for best hair extensions in Nigeria
If you’re still looking for a dependable wholesale hair suppliers in Nigeria to help you grow your business and provide you with high-quality hair extensions, this list is for you. We will assist you in ranking five reputable hair extension vendors in Nigeria.
Queen Hair – Top 1 wholesale vendor for hair extensions in Nigeria
Queen Hair is a Nigerian-focused hair extension company with a manufacturing plant in Vietnam.
- Queen Hair, founded in 2010, has grown significantly in the Vietnam human business because of our incomparable quality. Throughout these nine years, Queen Hair has been upgrading and enhancing our production process in order to provide better, more affordable hair extensions in Nigeria.
- Queen Hair obtains hair from healthy Vietnamese ladies with lustrous, silky black hair. Queen Hair transforms these exquisite locks into a diverse range of hair extensions in Nigeria, including lengths, textures, colors, and attaching methods that complement the natural characteristics of African women.
- Queen Hair is here to help your hair business succeed by providing high-quality Vietnamese 100 percent human hair extensions in Nigeria at factory pricing.
Contact us at:
K-Hair – Top 2 wholesale vendor for hair extensions in Nigeria
K-Hair is quite a strong contender in the list of Vietnamese vendors for hair extensions. K-Hair supplies a variety of human hair extensions from raw hair to styled or colored hair bundles. They ship worldwide, and have loyal customers buying their hair extensions in Nigeria.
- Head office: 71 Nguyen Chi Thanh, Ha Noi, Vietnam
- Hotline/Whatsapp: +84855555347
- Instagram page: k_hair_mia
5S Hair – Top 3 wholesale vendor for hair extensions in Nigeria
5S Hair is among the leading Vietnamese vendors providing hair extensions in Nigeria. 5S Hair is the first hair extensions factory in Vietnam, supplying high-quality Vietnamese human hair since 1989. 5S Hair Factory is one of the hair suppliers in Vietnam, exporting mainly to European and African countries.
- Head office: Ha Noi, VietNam
- Main product: virgin hair extension, remy hair extensions…
Luna Hair – #4 hair extensions in Nigeria vendor
Luna Hair is one of Vietnam’s newest hair extensions in Nigeria suppliers, with five years of experience in the hair extensions industry. They specialize in Vietnamese hair extensions in many styles, such as wavy hair, wavy hair, and pony tail hair. Many hair extension suppliers across the world, notably in South Africa, have certified the quality of Venus hair.
Ruby Hair – #5 hair extensions in Nigeria vendor
Ruby Hair, which has been making and marketing hair extensions for many years, offers excellent virgin hair extensions in Nigeria. Their hair extensions are among the best wholesale hair sellers in Nigeria, with the best virgin hair extensions.
We hope this will help you in finding suitable hair extensions in Nigeria. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Queen Hair via social media for free advice from our experts!