All users of hair extensions wonder how long does hair extensions last. To get the most out of your product, you should know what its durability is. This article is everything you need to know about hair extensions and how long hair extensions last.
- 1 Hair extensions definition to answer the question how long does hair extensions last
- 2 How long does hair extensions last
- 3 Some factors related to how long does hair extensions last
- 4 How to take care hair extension when you are worrying how long does hair extensions last
Hair extensions definition to answer the question how long does hair extensions last
Hair extension is synthetic or actual human hair that is attached to a person’s head to give them longer, thicker, and fuller hair. Hair extensions are strands of hair that have been collected from donors or manufactured from fibers and then attached to fabrics, silicones, or glued together, based on the attachment method.
Weft hair, tape-in, tip-in, clip-in, closure / frontal, and wigs are among the several forms of hair extensions widely available. We’ll go over each hair type and how long does hair extensions last in depth below.
How long does hair extensions last
Of course, before purchasing a hair extension such as single or double drawn hair, you will need to know particular facts on how long does hair extensions last. Knowing the durability of hair extension will help you make the most of your hair. We’ll look at how long hair extensions last for each hair type in the table below:
- Tape-in: 6 to 8 weeks is the answer to how long hair extension last. When applied by the salon, this hair is thinly spread on a specifically designed tape and glued straight to each customer’s hair.
- Clip-in: up to 1 year if you take good care of your hair is the answer to how long does hair extensions last. Clip-ins are sewn and attached to pieces using clips to secure them to my natural hair.
- Sew-in: 6 to 8 weeks after your hair grows out is the answer to how long do hair extensions last. This hair is sewed onto your natural hair and your real hair will be protected because it doesn’t require the use of heat.
- Tip-in: can be reused for up to 6 or 8 months is the answer to how long do hair extensions last. This hair is weaved into natural hair using flat microbeads or metal cylinders. However, as the hair grows out, the tip-in will need to be lifted after 2 to 3 months.
- Closure-frontal: can be used for 2 to 4 weeks without reworking is the answer to how long hair extension last. These hair extensions are used to create hairline.
We can see that each type of hair has a different use time. So, in order to answer the question of how long does hair extensions last, we must consider a number of elements, including not only the hair’s quality but also how we care for it.
At Queen Hair, each hair extension has a long durability because the firm’s hair source is 100% human hair. Each order comes with detailed instructions on how to care for your hair extensions so that they last as long as possible.
Many factors influence how long does hair extensions last, but the most important are always the quality, how you care for your hair, and how frequently you use them. To get the most out of hair extensions, you must first understand all of these factors.
Hair quality affects how long does hair extensions last
Of course, the quality of the hair has an impact on the amount of time it may be used. It will last longer if the quality is higher. We’ll look at the factors that influence how long do hair extensions last in the paragraphs below.
- Source: Vietnam, China, and India are the three main hair-producing countries. Vietnamese hair will be of the highest quality because it is made entirely of human hair, and it will also last the longest. The hair of the Indians will be next, followed by the hair of the Chinese. China has the lowest quality since the hair is not obtained from Chinese women but imported from other nations, then chemically treated, resulting in a short time of usage.
- Origin: virgin hair vs remy hair and non remy hair are the three main types of hair used to form hair extensions. The cuticles on virgin and remy hair are still intact and run in the same direction, guaranteeing high quality and a high durability. Virgin hair has a little advantage over remy hair in terms of quality. Finally, non remy hair has the lowest usage time since the cuticles have been destroyed. Non remy hair is very easy to tangle and shed because the cuticles have been removed.
So we can conclude that Vietnamese and virgin hair will have the longest use time because of the high quality they bring. Sorting quality in order of source will be Vietnam, India, China. As for the quality order of origin, it will be virgin hair, remy hair, non remy hair. All of these elements have an impact on how long does hair extensions last.
Taking care of hair affects how long does hair extensions last
How you care for your hair has a huge effect on how long hair extension last. Even if you use high-quality hair from trustworthy suppliers, if you don’t take care of it, the time it lasts will be less than ideal. For example, a weft hair extension which has a shelf life of 3 to 6 months, but with proper care, it can last up to 8 months. The most important thing to remember is to take proper care for your hair and avoid tangles.
In general, hair care is a big factor in determining how long does hair extensions last. Of course, hair quality and frequency of use play a role, but you must always take good care of your hair to keep it highly durable and shiny.
Frequency of hair using affects how long does hair extensions last
The frequency with which you wear hair extensions will, of course, have a significant impact on how long your hair extensions last. No matter how good a hair quality is, if it is used frequently enough, it will impact the hair’s durability. For example, if you use clip-in hair extensions constantly and have to remove and reattach it multiple times a day, your hair is more likely to become tangled, resulting in hair breakage and reduced usage duration. Because hair extensions such as tape-in and sew-in must be attached 24/7 to your head until your natural hair grows out, this hair type is usually applied until the natural hair grows longer and the hair extensions are broken and tangled.
In general, the answer to how long does hair extension last depends a lot on the user. In order to have long-lasting hair extensions, it not just not only about good hair quality, but also using proper hair care techniques and the frequency of hair extension usage.
How to take care hair extension when you are worrying how long does hair extensions last
Hair extensions are hard to maintain. When it comes to evaluating how long does hair extensions last and maintaining the smooth and silky state of the hair, you must follow these four rules:
- Clean your hair regularly with hair extension shampoo: the right cleaning will affect how long hair extension last. Not only does natural hair require regular cleaning, but so do hair extension. You should wash your hair after every 3 times. It’s important to note that hair extensions require a specific shampoo and use a dry towel to remove the moisture from the hair extension.
- Brush your hair extension in the right direction: When brushing hair extensions, remember to use the specialized hair extension comb to go in the right direction of the hair. The hair will tangle and become less durable if it is spread in the opposite direction. If you brush your hair the right way, it will definitely influence how long hair extension last.
- Using hair extension protection: Always keep a hair tie on hand while wearing hair extensions. When traveling on the road, carefully tie your hair to avoid it from being messed up by the wind. Remember to avoid exposing your hair extensions to direct sunlight. High-heat curling irons should be avoided. If you protect your hair the right way, the answer to how long does hair extensions last will be longer than you expected.
- Take care of your hair extension after each use: Taking care of your hair can have a huge impact on how long do hair extension last. After each use, the hair must then be properly wrapped inside the hair extension bag to maintain the smooth and dust-free condition. To reduce tangles and breakage, apply hair product after every time you use your hair extension and then brush it gently.
So, if you’re wondering how long does hair extensions last, this is the answer for you. The length of time a hair extension can be worn is dependent on the hair’s source and origin. In addition, the quality of your hair, how you care for it, and how often you use it are all significant factors. It is important to purchase your hair from a reliable provider to assure its quality. Queen Hair is a reputable hair supplier based in Nigeria that owns a Vietnamese hair factory. Queen Hair’s products are made entirely of human hair and are silky, tangle-free, and shedding-free.