Changing the hair color is a perfect choice for women who desire for a new and unique appearance. Because of strong impaction of bleach, bleached hair requires different methods of caring. We will gradually show you steps of how to take care of bleached hair in detail.
- 1 The necessity of knowing how to take care of bleached hair
- 2 How to take care of bleached hair in right way
The necessity of knowing how to take care of bleached hair
As we know, bleaching is considered to be the biggest transformation on the hair. The hair will suffer from a heavy chemical process. If you do not know how to take care of bleached hair, it can generate damaging results for your hair in the long term. Therefore, to stay healthy, let’s scroll down to read some information before knowing how to look after your hair after bleaching.
How to take care of bleached hair: Definition of bleached hair
You should be equipped with basic information on bleached hair before learning how to take care of bleached hair. We will indicate all necessary things right below.
- Bleached hair is referred to type of hair that has undergone a chemical process, which strips the color from the hair strand, resulting in a lighter hair pigment. The more time bleach is left on the hair, the more pigment is dissolved, and the hair becomes lighter.
- Depending on hair characteristics of individuals, hair shade will have a different level of pigment to dissolve through, which is determined by the condition and type of hair you have, as well as the natural color of your hair.
Essence of knowing how to take of bleached hair
You need to determine that after having chemical impaction on your hair, it is no longer similar to the original one. This is the reason why you have to change the way you should know how to take care of bleached hair because hair care after bleaching is very important.
- Bleaching frequently causes hair to become drier, more fragile, and less elastic. Its effects make your hair more difficult to manage and prone to breakage. Because the bleaching process raises the cuticles, your hair may tangle more easily.
- If you leave bleach on your hair for a long time, it may turn white. Alternatively, bleached hair may take on a yellow tint as the stripping process exposes the natural yellow color of the hair protein keratin. Darker hair colors frequently take on a red tint as keratin shines through.
- Furthermore, using various hair products and heat, such as blow dryers, hair straighteners, and curling irons, after bleaching hair only accelerates and worsens hair damage. As a result, bleaching hair should be done by a professional hair stylist instead of amateur
However, don’t be too overwhelmed or worried about hair bleaching. You can still have bleached blonde hair, as long as you can adjust your hair care and styling routine, take care of hair after bleach carefully as well as use the right products, and take the necessary steps to keep bleached blonde hair as healthy as possible.
See more how to style hair with extensions, meaning of double drawn hair
How to take care of bleached hair in right way
With the things we have mentioned above, bleached hair is considered to be extremely susceptible and require thorough care. Otherwise, if not cared carefully, it can result in a range of unexpectable problems. Therefore, we will indicate to you ways to maintain hair care after bleach effectively through do’s and don’ts in the next section.
How to take care of bleached hair: Things you should do
To prevent your hair from being damaged by chemical substances, you must not skip out these following tips about what is most beneficial while learning how to take care of bleached hair. Someday, you may be surprised by the result.
- Tip #1 of how to take care of bleached hair is to minimize the frequency of washing your hair: Dryness is the biggest factor that leads your hair to be easily damaged after bleaching. Dry hair can make your hair strand become more breakable and prone to snapping. Washing your hair too frequently will also deplete it of essential moisture, which your hair desperately requires. This occurs as a result of the sulfates commonly found in shampoos, which tend to dry out hair even more. Try to stretch out your hair washing days, shampooing every three to four days at most.
- Tip #2 of how to take care of bleached hair is to use hair conditioning treatments that hydrate your hair: Getting hair conditioning treatments doesn’t have to cost hundreds of dollars at the salon. There are some high-quality products available to help recover strength and repair bleached hair, as well as to keep that bright, blonde color. A large number of high-quality shampoos on the cosmetic market are made with natural ingredients to nourish and restore moisture to hair. Hair conditioning treatments and the use of the right products could be exactly what your hair needs to regain its smooth shine.
- Tip #3 of how to take care of bleached hair is to try a microfiber towel: Microfiber towels can help keep hair’s natural texture without impacting further damage. This is due to the fact that microfiber towels are soft and absorbent, which helps to protect hair strands from further breakage. When you get out of the shower, gently press or squeeze your hair with the towel rather than vigorously rubbing it through.
- Tip #4 of how to take care of bleached hair is to make use of a restructuring system: Depending on the extent of the damage to your hair and the frequency of bleaching, you may want to consider using a strong restructuring system. The restructuring system includes up to four products that you can use but remember to choose according to your hair care needs. The system is made up of two revolutionary, cutting-edge restructuring ingredients, including FIBER RESCUE, which is made with hydrolyzed plant lipoprotein technology and reconstructs every strand of hair from root to tip. REJUVENIQE S, an activated oil that restores hydration and moisture, is also included. A restructuring system consists of a number of high-quality products that work to repair hair from the inside out and from root to tip.
- Tip #5 of how to take care of bleached hair is to wash your hair with cold water: Similarly to using heat tools, washing your hair with scalding hot water will not help. Shower steam may open up your hair cuticle, causing further damage to your hair strands. When washing your hair, aim for a temperature that is medium to lukewarm. To seal in moisture, rinse your hair with cool water.
Only by some simple tips above, you no longer have to worry about your hair status after bleaching. All you need to do is just to keep patient and follow suitable hair care routine. No hair damages can threaten you anymore.
How to take care of bleached hair: Things you should avoid
Apart from hair care tips after bleaching, you also need to be aware of activities that do harm to your bleached hair. Therefore, you can stay away from damaging your hair as well as optimize your hair care routine when it comes to how to take care of bleached hair.
- Don’t Skip Haircuts And Avoid Dead Ends when it comes to how to take care of bleached hair: One of the best ways to repair your hair is to get a trim to remove dry and damaged ends. Because the hair at the ends is the furthest away from the roots, it is destined to become excessively dry and coarse, particularly after a bleaching session. As a general rule, get your hair trimmed within a week of having your hair bleached. After that, you can return to the salon once every eight weeks.
- When learning how to take care of bleached hair, remember heat is the first enemy: If you’ve become accustomed to styling your hair with heat, quit that habit right now. After bleaching, your hair is already dry and vulnerable. When you use heat stylers like straighteners, curlers, and even dryers, your strands become even more dry and coarse, the culprit of snapping and breakable hair. If you must use heat tools, make sure to apply a few spritzes of heat protectant first. Especially when you are finding the best ways to take care of wavy hair, bear it in mind.
- When your hair is wet, do not brush it: When it comes to how to take care of bleached hair correctly, it is the most vulnerable when brushing wet hair. Brushing wet hair is nearly a guaranteed way to lose more hair after bleaching. You won’t get away with it, even ifr how wide-toothed your comb is. Brushing wet locks will almost certainly result in breakage. Unless you want less hair on your head, always brush your hair when it’s dry.
- Don’t Tie Your Hair Too Tight: With the vulnerable feature of bleached hair, hair tying is considered to have a heavy physical impact on your hair. If you tie too tight and for a long time, it will unintentionally lead to.
Knowing how to care for bleached hair is not that simple, it necessitates special care, upkeep, and maintenance to keep hair healthy and blonde hair, well, blonde. With the tips and steps outlined above, you can easily care for bleached hair both in and out of the salon. The days of staring in the mirror and lamenting the dull, dead, and frayed ends, as well as the lack of blonde luster and shine, are long gone.
You can keep bleached blonde hair looking beautiful and healthy by changing up your hair care routine, using the right blonde products, and visiting your hair stylist as needed. After all, you and your hair are both valuable!