When it comes to types of hair extensions, people often classify them into two main categories: human hair and synthetic hair. Because of the similar outlook, users may struggle in distinguishing only by visual perception. Therefore, we are here to help figure out how to tell human hair from synthetic hair
- 1 Overview of human hair and synthetic hair
- 2 How to tell human hair from synthetic hair
Overview of human hair and synthetic hair
It is said that the teeth and the hair are the root of our identity. Hence, to choose the right type of hair, which definitely has a profound impact on your appearance, you should ensure in mind detailed information of how to tell human hair from synthetic hair. Before immersing yourself deeper in how to tell human hair from synthetic hair, let’s get started with some basic knowledge in terms of definition and features of human and synthetic hair.
Getting to know human hair to tell human hair from synthetic hair
In running a hair business, the most important thing is to understand the product and find top hair extension companies. Otherwise, your customer may suspect your ability if you are confused when being asked. Without an exact and clear definition, you still have the possibility to make mistakes between two of them. And these are the things you should keep in mind
- Human hair is referred to as a type of hair that is taken completely 100% from humans and has limitedly experienced chemical treatment or machine process. For this reason, after being transferred to a wig, the product still remains its former natural status, a theoretical foundation assisting you in how to tell human hair from synthetic hair .
With the ideal raw material and impressive origin, human hair definitely generates a large range of advantages, a base helping you know how to tell human hair from synthetic. Scroll down to have a look at the merits of human hair and which one can be easily applied to our daily life.
- Longevity: If cared for properly, the longevity of human hair can be up to a year of daily wear. The natural movement and feel is unmatchable because it is a real thing.
- Styling versatility: You can heat or treat humana hair fibers any way you would like. Using styling tools just like your own biological hair without worrying about being damaged. But remember to keep your heat tools under 350 degrees
- Texture: Human hair can be produced in terms of many different types, which means you will have diverse choices of choosing a texture that greatly resembles your own hair
However, there are some limited aspect that you should pay attention to before deciding to use
- High maintenance: Human hair requires thorough and regular washing and restyling in order to preserve its natural look
- Pretty high price: human hair are typically more expensive as they are made from real hair
- Weather reaction: Human hair reacts to the weather in the same way that natural hair does. Yes, this means that the frizz will appear in wet weather, an easy feature of how to differentiate human hair from synthetic.
Getting to know synthetic hair to tell human hair from synthetic hair
After reading information about human hair, we will move toward what synthetic hair is and its features before knowing more of how to tell human hair from synthetic hair.
- Synthetic hair can be simply understood as an artificial type of human hair. In particular, synthetic is made of millions of high quality thread – a kind of man – made fiber, by joining them together to create a perfect product, the biggest difference assist you in how to distinguish synthetic hair and human hair. These fibers are engineered from diverse forms of plastic, named as polyester, acrylic, or polyvinyl, with a view to imitating the natural look of human hair. Therefore, a standard quality synthetic hair always has a glowy and healthy look, which can lead to confusion with human hair just by a glance.
- Synthetic hair is made to look natural by using single strands, monofilament yarn, or a combination of two or three acrylic, polyfilament, or polyester fibers used to make specific strands of hair. Wigs and extensions are made of synthetic fibers, which are less expensive than comparable items made of human hair.
- Synthetic hair is specially designed to eliminate the need for traditional styling and streamline the look. Synthetic hair is made of high-quality yarn and available in a variety of colors and sizes to meet women’s fashion needs. Some manufacturers combine synthetic and human hair to create the most natural-looking synthetic hair.
If the human hair has naturally possessed a silky and gorgeous appearance at the very beginning, synthetic hair is meticulously produced from chemical slim thread along with clever design. Accordingly, you may be unlikely to know how to identify human hair from synthetic hair just by using eye contact. To tell human hair from synthetic hair, we need to consider both of them under a number of different perspectives.
Comparison between human hair and synthetic hair in how to differentiate human hair from synthetic
Have you ever wondered about human hair and synthetic hair diference? Is human hair better than synthetic all the time? Before jumping to the conclusion of which type of hair is the most suitable, you should take a look at the differentiation between human hair and synthetic hair. Depending on these below factors, you will be able to assume the best choice with your circumstance. Now, 4 remarkable aspects are about to be analyzed thoroughly.
|HUMAN HAIR||SYNTHETIC HAIR|
|Longevity||1 year approximately (with proper care)||Around 1-3 months|
|Price||Price Range Approximately:
$76.00 – $400.00
|Price Range Approximately:
$50.00 – $85.00
|Natural appearance||Human hair extensions appear the most natural, blend in seamlessly with your own hair, and reflect light in the same way that your own hair would.||Synthetic extensions blend in with your own hair to create an almost undetectable look and are a great, less expensive alternative to 100% human hair extensions.|
|Maintenance||Human hair extensions require a little more upkeep than synthetic extensions. Your style, like your own hair, is prone to falling out in the rain or humidity.||Synthetic Extensions have “memory,” which means that the style is pre-set and will not fall out in the rain or humidity like 100% human hair does.|
|Color treatment||Color can be applied to 100% human hair extensions.||Color treatment of synthetic extensions is not permitted because it will cause irreversible damage.|
|Heating impaction||Heat-friendly human hair extensions that can be styled with heating tools, just like your own hair!||Despite that there are some heat-resistant Synthetic options available. When exposed to heat, the majority of Synthetic Extensions melt.|
In case you are a newbie in the hair business, you should choose senior and reputable suppliers to build up customers’ faith. As we have mentioned, Vietnam hair is one of the most high quality hair in the global market and Queen Hair are an official hair factory in Viet Nam with more than 20 year experience. If you care about outstanding quality hair with reasonable product, you can contact me via What’sApp: +84844444829.
How to tell human hair from synthetic hair
So, after our explanation, you may ensure the knowledge about the comparison between human hair and synthetic hair. And now, you are ready to absorb the methods of how to tell human hair from synthetic hair that we have carefully prepared right in the following.
Tell human hair from synthetic hair by visual perception
In terms of how to differentiate human hair from synthetic, when it comes to the appearance, both of hair are shiny and glossy. However, human hair could be more natural, especially when you move the hair. Human hair is softer and moves more naturally.
Whereas, synthetic hair looks rougher and more rigid. If the hair is tangled, human hair is easier to comb and synthetic hair can possibly struggle toward the bottom of the hair strand.
Tell human hair from synthetic hair by burning test
Another way to test the authenticity of hair is the burn test. It is the most effective way to tell human hair from synthetic hair.
- Take a tiny piece of hair strand and burn it on a small blaze. You will see black smoke and smell burning plastic. Furthermore, synthetic hair does not create ash when burned, the plastic melts the strand of hair together instead, which ruins the extension
- Human hair is completely opposite. There is no black smoke, less burn smells and a characteristic smell while burning and the ash is soft and can be removed from the remaining strands of hair.
Tell human hair from synthetic by curling test
The curling test will be a simple way to distinguish between synthetic and natural hair. This experience is to evaluate the shaping ability of human hair and synthetic hair.
- You can use a curling iron to curl the human hair in order to blend it into your own favorite hairstyle. Human hair will reveal exactly the shape you want it to be.
- On the other hand, with synthetic hair, if you utilize high temperature to curl synthetic hair, it will shrink and appear damaged. Then, the outlook of synthetic hair even drastically decreases because of dry and rigid structure.
Tell human hair from synthetic hair by water test
In addition, you can also try to use water to identify between human hair and synthetic hair. This is the easiest way to help you consider whether human hair or synthetic hair and promise highly – expected result
- Immersing synthetic hair into water, when it gets wet, you will feel heavier and it is not flexible. If you stretch it, synthetic hair is hard to stretch smoothly. Synthetic hair’s shape can also be transferred.
- Whereas, human hair has high water permeability. It is especially soft and pliant in the water.
After a series of tests, synthetic hair may still retain its shine at first, however it is damaged a lot in areas affected by hot tools. Not the same as synthetic hair, human hair still retains its natural beauty. Human hair is soft and shiny even if you have curled, dyed or washed it. However, both human hair and synthetic hair have their own advantages, depending on each individual’s purpose that they decide to purchase human hair or synthetic hair.