Flexi rods are quite popular recently due to its ability to create beautify curls. But have you ever experienced your curly hair made by flexi rods begin to straighten after just a few hours? Here is the right way to use flexi rods.
- 1 Flexi rods definition
- 2 How to choose the right flexi rods sizes
- 3 How many flexi rods will you need
- 4 How to use flexi rods in order to look good throughout the day
- 4.1 Step 1: Choose a suitable flexi rods
- 4.2 Step 2: Determine if you need to let your hair wet or dry before using flexi rods
- 4.3 Step 3: Apply styling mousse on your hair before using flexi rods
- 4.4 Step 4: Part your hair into small section before using flexi rods
- 4.5 Step 5: Take the same amount of hair for each roll for each flexi rods
- 4.6 Step 6: Wrap your hair around the flexi rods
- 4.7 Step 7: Wait for the hair to form curls after installing flexi rods
- 4.8 Step 8: Remove the flexi rods
- 4.9 Step 9: Hold curls with hairspray after removing flexi rods
- 5 Curly hair extension: a great alternative for flexi rods
Flexi rods definition
Flexi rods are long curlers made of soft foam, inside are small iron rods, this allows flexi rods to be into any shape and does not need hair clips to hold the hair.
Flexi rods are like a long hair roller. Flexi rods also come in a variety of styles, from long to short depending on your hair length and the hairstyle you want to aim for.
How to choose the right flexi rods sizes
The flexi rods sizes you need depend on the final look you want to achieve and how long you want your style to endure.
- Jumbo flexi rods sizes are generally purple or blue in color and give the hair a wavy appearance.
- While orange (and sometimes gray) flexi rods sizes aid in the creation of a medium curl.
- Red flexi rods sizes are suitable to make small curls.
Orange flexi rods sizes are particularly more favored since they create a lovely spiral and make the curls remain longer.
How many flexi rods will you need
We suggest having at least thirty flexi rods on hand, depending on the length, texture, and density of your hair. You definitely don’t want to run out of flexi rods when you are curling your hair. Although it’s not the worst thing in the world, it is so inconvenient.
When curling your hair with flexi rods, you’ll need the following items:
- At least 30 flexi rods
- Styling mousse
- Hooded hair dryer
- Spray bottle
How to use flexi rods in order to look good throughout the day
Have you ever used flexi rods? Do you lose your curls throughout the day? If that is the case, then maybe you have been doing it the wrong way. Here is how to use flexi rods that will make your hair look amazing all day.
Step 1: Choose a suitable flexi rods
Flexi rods are suitable for a wide range of hair types, but they are particularly beneficial for weak hair since they are less prone to tangle or harm it.
- Select the flexi rods based on the size of the curl you wish to achieve. The tighter the curl, the smaller the flexi rods. Soft curls that move softly will be created using large flexi rods.To use big flexi rods for long hair, your hair must be at least shoulder length. If your hair is shorter than your shoulder, for example, you have a 8 inch hair length, you should buy the specific flexi rods on short hair.
- Wrap your hair around the flexi rods for one and a half rounds at the very least.
- Large flexi rods may not be suitable for thin hair since they are excessively heavy and fall out. It’s possible that you’ll have to try a few different flexi rods before you discover the suitable one.
Step 2: Determine if you need to let your hair wet or dry before using flexi rods
You will need to let your hair damp or dry depending on the way you use your flexi rods.
- If you are in a hurry and need to have curly hair in a short period of time, you should let your hair damp and then use a blow dryer after applying flexi rods on straight hair. If your hair is difficult to curl, skip the step of using conditioner after shampooing. This ensures that the hair is not too soft to hold the roller in.
- If you don’t need your hair to be curled right away, you can use flexi rods on both dry and wet hair. Wash your hair a day before using flexi rods, hair washed after a day will be easier to curl than freshly washed hair.
Step 3: Apply styling mousse on your hair before using flexi rods
Using your fingers, evenly distribute the mousse throughout your hair before using flexi rods. If you have fine or extremely straight hair, this step is very vital; otherwise, your curls will fall flat in a matter of hours.
Remember to use the quantity that is recommended on the product label so achieve the best result.
Step 4: Part your hair into small section before using flexi rods
You should part your hair and hold it in place with an elastic band or clip before installing flexi rods. The size of each section of hair will depend on the size of the flexi rods. Each section of hair should be the same size as the flexi rods you use.
- Divide your hair into two sections horizontally before using flexi rods on straight hair.
- Add 3-4 rows of vertical hair on each side of the head for the hair below.
- Release each section of hair while doing it. When you have finished parting the hair below, remove the clip to handle the next section of hair. Continue doing this until all the hair is covered.
Step 5: Take the same amount of hair for each roll for each flexi rods
Do not take a large amount of hair to put in the flexi rods in natural hair as you will only have a small curl at the end. Hair about 2.5-5 cm is suitable for each flexi rods. Hair should not be wider than the size of the flexi rods as it will not curl properly.
- If your flexi rods come in multiple sizes, use the large flexi rods on the top of the head. Small flexi rods will be used when rolling close to the hairline.
- If you have long hair, remember that you will not only need to curl the ends of your hair with flexi rods, but also layer the entire hair. Therefore, use a small section of hair for more curls.
Step 6: Wrap your hair around the flexi rods
The next step is to wrap your hair around flexi rods. This is an important step in order to create beautiful curls.
- Start rolling the flexi rods from the ends of the hair. Hold the ends of the hair on the flexi rods with one finger, then roll the flexi rods upwards, so that it is neat and tight.
- Pressure is an important point to create beautiful curls so you need to make sure to wrap your hair tight around the flexi rods.
- You should also make sure your hair doesn’t get tangled when you wrap it in the flexi rods to create a smooth, even curl.
Step 7: Wait for the hair to form curls after installing flexi rods
When you have rolled all the hair into the flexi rods – about 2.5 to 5cm from the scalp or the top of the head, wait for the hair to curl. Waiting time will depend on whether your hair is dry or damp.
- Curly flexi rods hairstyles may be achieved by blow-drying. Blow-dry your hair until it is completely dry and warm. To get the curls, you’ll need to dry your hair in a warm setting. You should let your flexi rods under dryer for 15 minutes for the curls to set before carefully removing them.
- Wet hair needs to be left on until the hair is completely dry, which usually takes a few hours or overnight. If you are in a hurry, you can damp your hair and then blow dry it.
Step 8: Remove the flexi rods
When you are assured that your hair is curled, you can remove the flexi rods from bottom to top. Start with the flexi rods near the neck and ears first, then remove the flexi rods on the top of the head.
- Once you’ve removed all the flexi rods in natural hair, you can brush your hair to make it less frizzy. However, don’t brush too much, the curl will still hold its shape after 2 or 3 strokes, but if you brush too much, the hair will be straight.
- Or you can run your fingers through the curls to separate and add volume.
- Bend over and let your hair fall down if you want additional volume. Shake your head a couple of times and brush your fingers through your curls softly. You’ll have more voluminous and bouncy hair this way.
Step 9: Hold curls with hairspray after removing flexi rods
Hairspray helps to ensure that curls stay in place throughout the day after using flexi rods. To avoid stiff curls, you will hold the spray bottle about 30-35cm away from your hair.
- For flexi rods curly hair, pull a section of hair up and spray hair with hairspray as you let your hair down.
- You can also apply some serum to your hair to add shine and reduce frizz after removing flexi rods.
Here are the 9 steps to use flexi rods. If you follow our guideline, you will definitely have beautiful flexi rods hairstyles throughout the day!
Curly hair extension: a great alternative for flexi rods
If you are too lazy to use flexi rods to create curly hair, then hair extension is the perfect option for you. Hair extension comes in many styles, from curly to wavy. With hair extensions knowledge, you don’t have to use flexi rods everyday to achieve your desired hair! Hair extensions is considered a must-have item for many women in their daily lives. It also helps them shine with beauty and confidence anywhere.
Best Vietnam hair vendors are the best solutions when you are wondering about reliable hair vendors with the highest quality and the most affordable price. Queen Hair is one of the top factories that supplies hair extension. Queen Hair has its own hair factory in Vietnam and has been providing extensions for many big hair brands around the world.
- Queen hair products are of high quality. Queen Hair gathers hair from healthy donors who wash their hair with herbs and have a balanced diet.
- Queen Hair products are affordable. Queen Hair hired low wage workers and produced on a massive scale so the expense is minimized.
- Queen Hair product lines are extremely diverse. Queen Hair offers a wide range of hair, from straight to curly with many different colors.