Toner for brown hair is an essential item when you have dyed, bleached hair. Toner for brown hair will help maintain the light hair color and prevent yellow hue from appearing. Here are the top 7 best toner for brown hair that we recommend.
- 1 Overview of toner for brown hair
- 2 Top 7 best toners for brown hair that you must try
- 2.1 TIGI Bed Head Tigi Serial Blonde toner for brown hair
- 2.2 Fanola No Yellow toner for brown hair
- 2.3 Schwarzkopf Goodbye Yellow toner for brown hair
- 2.4 Elgon Colorcare Silver Purple Shampoo toner for brown hair
- 2.5 Moroccanoil Blonde Perfecting Purple toner for brown hair
- 2.6 L’oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Magnesium Silver toner for brown hair
- 2.7 Tricol Biosky Color Care toner for brown hair
- 3 The best way to apply toner for brown hair
Overview of toner for brown hair
If you bleach your brown hair then you already know that maintaining the color is extremely hard. That is why you need to use a toner for brown hair to keep the color intact after dying it.
What is toner for brown hair
Dyeing with cool tones or light colors to color is difficult, but keeping the light color of the hair from turning yellow requires more techniques. Bleached hair color will become dull and yellow due to many reasons such as oxidation, damage from UV rays, chlorine, mineral residue from shampoo, etc.
With toner for brown hair, purple pigments work to prevent yellow color from appearing in the hair. That’s why your hair will keep bright colors, especially cold tones when using toner for brown hair. Toner for brown hair is one of the most popular color-retaining techniques.
How does toner for brown hair maintain your hair color
Purple toner for brown hair contains purple pigment particles. Basically, if you look at the color wheel, you will see purple standing in the opposite position of yellow. This means that purple has the ability to neutralize yellow – the color that bleached hair is prone to – to keep the best color for the hair, especially the cold tones.
Note that the effectiveness of toners for brown hair with highlights will vary depending on the quality of the hair and the lightness of the current hair color. Toner for brown hair will not be effective on unbleached or dark hair.
In fact, blue toner is known as one of the best toners for dyed hair, especially for light tones of brown hair. Blue toner provides light brown hair with a lot of essential nutrients to keep the color as well as the quality of dyed hair. Similar to brown hair, orange hair is one of the most fashionable colors for women nowadays. Many women have worried about how to make homemade blue toner for orange hair and other hair colors. You can easily make it at home by using natural ingredients.
How to choose the right toner for brown hair
When buying toner for brown hair to remove yellow, keep color for dyed hair, you need to pay attention to the following criteria.
- The strength of toner for brown hair is not directly proportional to its ability to remove yellow.
- Carefully consult user reviews or buy a trial toner for brown hair size.
- Prioritize gentle toner for brown hair for hair.
- Choose a toner for brown hair that suits your budget.
When choosing a toner for brown hair, remember to check the ingredients especially if it’s sulfate-free. Down below we will tell you the top 7 toner for brown hair that we strongly recommend!
Top 7 best toners for brown hair that you must try
Not every toner for brown hair is suitable for your hair. It depends on the type of your hair (oily or dry), your preferences, etc. Here are the top 7 toners for brown hair you can consider.
TIGI Bed Head Tigi Serial Blonde toner for brown hair
Tigi Bed Head toner for brown hair with a design of sulfate-free ingredients. This purple toner for brown hair has gentle cleansing ingredients from amino acids combined with acidic ingredients such as citric acid, lactic acid. This helps to close the alkaline hair cuticle after dyeing, helping to keep the hair color long-lasting.
In addition, this toner for brown hair has protein ingredients such as hydrolyzed pearl extract, rice extract, etc which helps restore dry, frizzy hair caused by chemicals. Bottle design with easy-to-use pull-cap spout and gentle fragrance are also highlights to attract users.
- Ingredients: Lactic Acid, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Dimethiconol, Amino Acid, etc.
- Capacity: 300/ 400ml
Fanola No Yellow toner for brown hair
Fanola No Yellow Shampoo toner for brown hair has a dense texture, effectively reducing yellowing on gray, white, and silver colored hair. The foaming ability of this toner for brown hair is quite good, making it safe to wash on your hair easily.
The pH 5-5.2 of this toner for brown hair with highlights will also help clean and balance the pH on the hair after dyeing and bleaching to help limit damaged hair. In particular, this toner for brown hair with highlights composition also contains wine extract – so you can expect the antioxidant ability of the hair.
- Ingredients: Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil
- Capacity: 350/1000 ml
Schwarzkopf Goodbye Yellow toner for brown hair
Schwarzkopf Goodbye Yellow is a fast-acting shampoo toner for brown hair thanks to acidic dyes. The great thing about this toner for brown hair is that you do not have to wait as long as other purple shampoos, this is beneficial for those who do not have much time to take care of their hair.
Combined with coconut oil extract, this toner shampoo for brown hair will help you see a noticeable and quick effect, while keeping your hair from being dry and frizzy. You only need to use this toner for brown hair about 3 times a week to see noticeable results.
- Ingredients: Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Coconut Oil Alkyl Glucoside
- Capacity: 300 ml
Elgon Colorcare Silver Purple Shampoo toner for brown hair
Elgon is one of the familiar brands in the hair market, loved by users thanks to its affordable price and easy to find in stores and salons. In the composition of Elgon toners for brown hair, it also contains natural blueberry extract. The ingredients in this toner for brown hair not only helps to reduce yellowing of hair, but you can also expect antioxidant ability, thereby keeping hair color longer.
- Ingredients: Purple Pigment, Blueberry Extract, Sodium PCA
- Capacity: 300 ml
Moroccanoil Blonde Perfecting Purple toner for brown hair
This toner shampoo for brown hair uses advanced arganID technology which protects hair from oxidation, restores from the inside and regenerates the cuticle. The main ingredients of this toner for brown hair is argan oil with 80% unsaturated fatty acids, nourishes and protects bleached hair.
In particular, this purple toner for brown hair composition does not contain sulfates, parabens, so those with sensitive scalps can also feel more secure when choosing to use it.
- Ingredients: Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Argan Oil, Glycerin, etc.
- Capacity: 70 ml
L’oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Magnesium Silver toner for brown hair
If you like hard to keep hair colors like metallic, gray, silver or any other light color, this toner for brown hair will be an option worth considering for you. L’Oréal Professionnel Serie Expert Silver Shampoo toners for brown hair has amino acids to help strengthen and maintain gray and white hair, or cool tones.
This purple toner for brown hair with highlights will help bleached dyed hair not to dry out and also keeps the most impressive color of dyed hair. Not only that, with the hair gloss protection technology, you will regain your natural soft and shiny hair.
- Ingredients: Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Magnesium
- Capacity: 500 ml
Tricol Biosky Color Care toner for brown hair
Biosky is a trademark of Tricol – an Italian professional hair care brand. This toner for brown hair has a unique scent, not as strong as regular purple shampoos. In addition to purple pigment, this toner for brown hair with highlights ingredients contains the essence of Creatina and a variety of vitamins to help improve the strength of the hair after the bleaching process.
- Ingredients: Vitamins A, E, F, Aloe Vera, Creatina Essence, etc.
- Capacity: 1000 ml
We have listed down the top 7 best toner for brown hair that you should try. These toner for brown hair are all highly recommended by many users.
The best way to apply toner for brown hair
You may know how to use toner for brown hair, but have you applied it the best way. Here are the 4 steps to use toners for brown hair for most effectiveness.
Step 1: how to use toner for brown hair
Using somewhat lukewarm water, wet your hair. Before using toner for brown hair, make sure your hair is thoroughly damp. Warm water has a calming and healing effect.
The heat will enable the hair shaft to stretch, allowing the purple shampoo to absorb more effectively.
Step 2: How to use toner for brown hair
Apply toner for brown hair from root to tip on your hair and gently massaging it all over your hair. Toner for brown hair should only be used on light blonde portions of highlighted hair. To avoid future damage, prioritize the hair roots while shampooing.
- If you have naturally blonde hair, let the purple toner for brown hair on for around 2-3 minutes. Just 2-3 minutes is adequate if your hair is a natural warm blonde with a faint brassy hue. When the time is up, rinse the toner for brown hair with cold water.
- The toner for brown hair takes longer to soak at the roots of the hair than it does at the ends. That is why the toner for brown hair with highlights should be applied to the roots first because the ends of the hair are more porous, changing the tone is easy.
Step 3: How to use toner for brown hair
Depending on the kind of toner for brown hair, the time it takes for it to remain on your hair might vary. Toner for brown hair may be left on your hair for up to 5 minutes.
- With brass-colored or dyed hair, let toner for brown hair on for up to 15 minutes. Leave the toner for brown hair in your hair for 5-15 minutes if your hair is significantly stained or recently coloured blonde. It’s possible that your hair may require extra time to thoroughly absorb this tone. Rinse the toner for brown hair with cold water when the time has passed. If this is your first time using toner for brown hair, consider letting it on for 5-10 minutes before washing it out. If the color doesn’t change significantly, try leaving it for 10-15 minutes next time.
- Purple toner for brown hair may give hair a violet tint if kept on for more than 15 minutes. Gray and silver hair may benefit from this treatment, however natural blonde hair will be harmed.
- On gray, silver, or platinum hair, let the toner for brown hair on for 30 minutes. Although dark-haired individuals may be concerned about fading, silver or platinum hair will benefit from leaving the toner for brown hair with highlights in longer. Depending on how much or how little the color fades or the brass color on the hair, the time to keep the toner for brown hair on the hair before rinsing it out can last up to 30 minutes.
The effect of purple toner for brown hair on silver or platinum hair is to completely remove the warm tones, unlike blondes who have darker hair. You may need to cover your hair with a plastic cap while you wait if you plan to leave the toner for brown hair in your hair for an extended period of time.
Step 4: How to use toner for brown hair
After rinsing out the toner for brown hair, apply conditioner as usual. To moisturize hair, apply conditioner after purple toner for brown hair. Purple conditioner can be used in conjunction with purple shampoo toner for brown hair to boost the color intensity.
Here is everything about toner for brown hair that we believe you should know about. Remember to use toner for brown hair once a week or whenever your hair takes on a brassy hue. To keep hair color light and even, use a colorless shampoo toner for brown hair. If you have naturally blonde hair with warmer tones, you should probably only use it when you see blonde hair. Pay attention to your hair and consider it when scheduling a wash. If there is no change after a month, you can increase the number of people using toner for brown hair to 2-3 times per week.
Semi permanent hair dye is a hair item that most women should be familiar with if they want to have beautiful hair with brilliant colors without using too many chemicals. Because semi permanent hair dye has short-term durability, you can simply mix and match different colors without causing damage to your hair. How to make semi permanent hair dye last longer is a big question for every woman, but it is quite easy by using purple shampoo to wash her hair. It is a genuinely great idea.
Hair extensions, on the other hand, are a wonderful option for ladies who don’t want to spend a lot of time and money caring for their orange hair. Hair extensions are a must-have item that add volume, length, and a choice of beautiful hues to your hair without the use of chemicals. Hair extension is significantly easier to maintain than natural hair. At any time, hair extensions can be effortlessly removed or reattached to your hair. It also makes every woman feel more beautiful and confident.
If you’re looking for a trustworthy wholesale hair extensions supplier, Queen Hair is an ideal option. Queen Hair has more than 20 years of experience in providing you with high-quality hair products at an affordable price. If you are a Nigerian customer, you should consider purchasing Queen Hair’s hair products.