Do you know how to take care of hair extensions properly? If you don’t take care of your hair extension the right way, it might get tangled, brittle and shorten its lifespan. Here are the simple and effective ways of how to take care of hair extensions daily.
- 1 Why you should learn how to take care of hair extensions
- 2 How to take care of hair extensions: simple and effective
- 2.1 How to wash hair extension the correct way
- 2.2 How to dry and comb hair extensions
- 2.3 How to take care of hair extensions when it comes to styling
- 3 How to take care of hair extensions: 6 important tips
Why you should learn how to take care of hair extensions
Even though hair extension is made from real human hair, it still lacks adequate nutrients. You may buy expensive, high quality extensions but it still can get tangled and frizzy if not taken care properl
The main feature of donor hair is that they do not receive additional nutrition, as happens with natural hair. Therefore, knowing how to take care of hair extensions is a must for any girl who wants her hair to look natural and impress those around her with its volume and silky curls.
How to take care of hair extensions: simple and effective
In the section below, we will tell you how to take care of hair extensions the right way. Hope this guideline will help you find the suitable hair routine.
How to wash hair extension the correct way
How do you take care of hair extensions? Do you know how to keep hair extensions in order for it to last? In this how to take care of hair extensions, we will show you how to wash hair extensions, how to dry it and how to style the hair.
The crucial rules when washing hair extensions
This is the most important step in how to take care of hair extensions. The first washing can be carried out 2 days after hair extensions. Washing should be carried out vertically. No need to throw your head back while washing, this will prevent tangles. Daily maintenance is not recommended by experts, as it increases the wear of tapes and capsules.
- Step 1: Brush the hair with a hair extension comb.
- Step 2: Wet the hair with warm water.
- Step 3: Mixing shampoo for hair extension with water; then apply it gently on to the hair. If you have a clip-in extension, close all the clips and place the extensions in the same direction before submerging them in the container to wash them gently with your fingers.
- Step 4: Whether natural or synthetic extensions, they must be removed from the head and washed in a container filled with water in which you add a few drops of mild shampoo.
- Step 5: Rinse hair care products thoroughly.
- Step 6: Use conditioner for hair extension the same way as shampoo.
Here are the 6 steps in how to wash your hair extensions. Follow this guideline carefully and will have amazing hair extensions.
Shampoo for hair extension that you should use
Have you wondered how to take care of hair extensions when it comes to shampooing? The best shampoo for extensions is the one that does not contain sulfates. Here are some of the shampoos for hair extension we recommend:
- Shea Moisture Raw Shea Retention Shampoo
- Ogx Shampoo Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo
- Pureology Hydrate Shampoo
- Kerastase Nutritive Bain Satin 2 Complete Nutrition Shampoo
- The Big Kizzy F.A.T.T Biotin Shampoo & Conditioner Set
Conditioner for hair extension that you should use
Just like the best shampoo for hair extensions, the best conditioner for extension is the one that does not contain sulfates. Here are some conditioner for hair extension we recommend:
- Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner
- Beauty Works Pearl Nourishing Argan Oil Conditioner
- Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner
- Toni & Guy Nourish Conditioner for Dry Hair
- Kerastase Reflection Fondant Chromatique Conditioner
We have shown you the most important step in how to take care of hair extensions. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Queen Hair Factory, our customer service is happy to answer any questions!
How to dry and comb hair extensions
The next important thing when it comes to learning how to take care of hair extensions is knowing how to dry and comb the hair.
- If you go to bed without drying your hair, then in the morning your hair will be tangled. You can use a hair dryer, but you have to set it to cold airflow mode. You can also let your hair dry naturally, but this may take much longer.
- In no case should you comb your hair until they are dry. Be sure to wait until the head is dry, then use a comb and run it through the curls from the tip to the root. One hand will be used to hold the comb, while the other will hold the hair at the root. Comb your hair every 3-4 days to prevent tangling.
This step of how to take care of hair extensions will help maintain your smooth and silky hair as long as possible.
How to take care of hair extensions when it comes to styling
You should use hair care products for hair extensions when using a curling iron or iron. This is a crucial thing when you are learning how to style hair extensions.
- During styling, it is important that the surface of the tool does not touch the place where the strands are attached to natural hair.
- If thermal protection is used during styling, then it should not fall on the capsules. We do not recommend choosing a tight styling, as tension can lead to loosening of the fasteners.
- We do not recommend you use a curling iron, try your best to use a roller if possible. If you are in a hurry and need to style your hair quickly, use the curling iron with low heat.
We have included the routine of how to take care of hair extensions for you. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Queen Hair Factory, our customer service is happy to answer any questions!
How to take care of hair extensions: 6 important tips
Knowing how to take care of hair extensions is important, but in order to maintain smooth, healthy hair needs much more than that. Here are the 6 vital tips on how to take care of hair extensions.
Use hair care product: how to take care of hair extensions
Have you ever wondered how to take care of hair extensions daily? Then you should consider using hair care products for extensions.
- Experts recommend using oily hair products to maintain the texture and hold of extra curls. If you use the composition for dry strands, then the curls will become more slippery, which will negatively affect the quality of the fastening. Sulfate-free detergents work well.
- To properly maintain your adhesive extensions and preserve them, you can apply a keratin mask once a week to deeply nourish the hair. Do not apply hair masks too frequently so as not to drag the strands. The best choice would be a composition designed for intensive nutrition. With its help, it is possible to moisturize the hair structure and provide it with all the necessary trace elements. The mask must be applied to the entire length of the curls, avoiding the root zone.
- Always avoid heavy styling products (hairspray, gel, styling spray, etc.).
- Shampoos and smoothing or shiny treatments that contain silicones or glycerin should be avoided on hair extensions. Instead, favor products containing active ingredients such as ceramides that help repair the hair fiber. You can apply your usual shampoo, the one you use for natural hair, for the maintenance of hair extensions. Two shampoos a week are more than enough. If you are used to shampoo daily, opt for a neutral shampoo so as not to damage the keratin points. You can then apply a detangling cream to the mid-lengths and ends.
Untangle hair extension every day: how to take care of hair extensions daily
The most important of how to take care of your extensions daily is to untangle your hair every day. Having beautiful hair extensions that look like natural hair requires a special care routine. Every day you must detangle the hair in the morning and evening.
- Start by brushing the ends, then brush at mid-length before arriving at the roots of the extensions. Brushing the hair extensions well helps prevent knots from forming at their roots.
- Whether you have ring extensions, clip-in extensions or keratin extensions for your hair, you must use a specialized detangling brush. It is not recommended to use a comb, as it may damage the attachment points. Instead, choose a comb made of natural boar bristles. They are soft and specially designed for the maintenance of your extensions.
Avoid exposure in the summer: how to take care of hair extensions
You can easily damage your hair extension if you expose the hair to direct sunlight. To avoid this, it is necessary to know how to take care of hair extensions.
- You have to protect the hair extensions from the sun, chlorine and seawater (because of its salt). Otherwise, your hair can become dry and brittle.
- When swimming in the sea or in the pool, tie the extensions or cover them with a cap. You can also impregnate them with a “protective sunscreen spray” to prevent them from tangling.
- In summer, hair washing is essential after each swim. Use a mild sunscreen shampoo (without glycerin or silicone). It is also recommended to use a braid to tie the hair every time before going to sleep.
Knowing how to take care of extensions in hair will allow you to enjoy your hairstyle for several months. Our experts are always happy to help you choose the right hair extensions. Contact Queen Hair factory right now if you need any advice!