Wavy hair is always a classy and on vogue look for women of all ages. However, wavy hair extensions and wigs take far more upkeep than straight hair, as this type of hair needs a lot of moisturizing and maintenance. Scroll down to learn how to take care of wavy hair and other useful advice from Queen Hair!
Characteristics of wavy hair in how to take care of wavy hair
To know how to take care of wavy hair, you must first properly understand it. Human wavy hair extensions or wigs are made with loosely curled hair. Wavy hair is ideal for women who wish to attain a fashionable look that goes well with any outfit.
- Wavy hair in human hair wigs and extensions are created from straight human hair that has been heat-treated to get a wave-like pattern. Because the source of hair for human hair products is always Asian hair, which is relatively straight, this type of hair is not wavy by nature.
- Because real wavy hair is prone to frizz, wavy hair integrations may suffer from the same issue if not handled properly. Friction and dryness from hard squeezing or washing, cotton pillow cases, and wooly beanie and scarves are all major reasons for wavy hair frizz. Heat, such as blow drying or curling incorrectly, weakens and frizz out your wavy hair. Bad products can also result in thin, brittle strands that are easily frizzy and broken.
Therefore, wavy that is dry or improperly maintained will become frizzy or lose its texture. As a result, knowing how to manage wavy correctly is critical in order to keep your hair integrations looking lovely even after several uses. Follow Queen Hair’s how to care for wavy hair tips for lovely, frizz-free waves for any occasion!
Steps how to take care of wavy hair
There are a few things to remember in how to take care of wavy hair: how to wash, brush, and nourish them. While there are many dos and don’ts in how to care for wavy hair, we have compiled them into comprehensive steps of the best way to take care of wavy hair for you. If you ever wondering how to take care of my wavy hair then check out Queen Hair’s advice on hair care for wavy hair below!
How to take care of wavy: Washing
Before we begin, please keep in mind that you should know how to care for wavy hair with human hair products. The following are the suggested hair washing steps how to take care of wavy hair. You can do this with wigs or hair extensions, but if you are caring for a wavy hair wig, remember not to wash it too roughly and too frequently, at most once 2-4 weeks.
- Mix your shampoo with warm water. Use a sulfate-free shampoo, as sulfate-containing shampoos can dehydrate the hair, making it appear dull, dry, and brittle. If your wavy hair has been colored, use a shampoo designed for colored hair.
- Soak your hair in soapy water. Make sure the shampoo reaches your scalp or wig cap. This allows the shampoo to clean the oils, and dead cells.
- Make use of a hydrating conditioner. Conditioner offers the moisture that wavy hair needs. Spread conditioner into your hair with a wide tooth comb.
- Washing and conditioning hair should be done in portions. Part the hair into parts and apply a generous quantity of product to each segment. Rake or finger comb the product through the hair, being careful not to damage it.
- Wash the conditioners away by soaking in clean water several times and gently squeezing the water out. When your wavy hair is damp, gently brush it with your fingertips.
Avoid performing the following things while learning how to take care of wavy hair:
- Don’t use a two-in-one shampoo since the conditioner might go into the hair roots and cause damage.
- Applying shampoo straight to your wavy hair might harm the cuticles of your wavy hair.
You can do this with wigs or hair extensions, but if you are caring for a wavy hair wig, remember not to wash it too roughly and too frequently. Queen Hair recommends a wig washing once every 2 to 4 weeks in how to take care wavy hair.
See more Cambodia hair and best Cambodian hair vendors
How to take care of wavy hair: Drying and brushing
After you’ve finished washing your wavy hair, the following step is how to take care of wavy hair after shower which is to dry and brush the hair. Follow these drying procedures on how to take care wavy hair:
- Wrap your wavy hair in a towel or turban after washing your wavy hair to speed up drying.
- To avoid tangles, brush or comb your wavy hair from the ends to the top with a wide-tooth comb. Comb your wavy hair until they are free of tangles and mattes.
- Avoid using a blow dryer since heat might cause your wavy hair to split and dry. Drying your wavy hair without heat is good for keeping them healthier and softer for longer periods of time.
- If your wavy hair is starting to loosen, use a curling iron to re-curl them. Remember to keep it on a low setting in order not to burn the hair.
Aside from these steps in how to take care of wavy hair, there are other wavy hair advice you can take for the best hair care of wavy hair:
- Use a satin pillowcase to sleep on.
- When drying your hair, use a microfiber towel.
- A monthly hair mask for wavy hair will keep your hair nourished.
- Always use your fingers or wide-tooth comb to brush your hair gently
- Drink plenty of water and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables to keep your scalp healthy. Even when the hair is not your natural hair, taking care of your scalp health is still important.
Here are the steps of how to care for wavy hair after shower. Even if the hair extensions or wig is made entirely of real hair, the hair is no longer attached to the scalp and has been heavily treated, therefore wavy hair might be delicate. This is why taking care of wavy hair is important if you want your hair to last a long time and fit your Nigeria fashion style.
How to take care of wavy hair: Moisturizing
Do you know how to maintain natural wavy hair? The answer is moisturizing. Moisturizing your hair is one of the most crucial aspects of how to take care of wavy hair. Moisturizing your wavy hair will keep it healthy and lustrous. Because the scalp no longer nurtures the hair, you can use the following items to provide the required nourishment in how to take care of wavy hair:
- Spray water or water-based hair serums on the wavy hair. Hair is made up of protein bundles that are kept together by hydrogen and disulfide bonds. To keep your wavy hair healthy, keep them damp, which is essential for hydrogen bonding, and the most effective moisturiser is water!
- Use a natural oil that is healthy for your hair, such as olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, or jojoba oil. Because water easily evaporates from the hair, a rather thick oil mixture is essential to seal in moisture.
- Use a water-based moisturizer, but not as fluid as the product used during the liquid stage. It is best to use a cream moisturizer or leave-in conditioner.
These are both the guideline of how to take care of naturally wavy hair and how to take care wavy hair extensions. Hope that this article will help you find the best way for you to maintain your wavy hair.
Where to buy the best wavy hair
Queen Hair is a leading Vietnamese human hair supplier, offering customers and companies high-quality wavy hair wefts, frontal, and closure. Our hair is taken from donors who are Vietnamese young women between the ages of 18 and 35. The virgin hair is unprocessed and maintained with traditional herbs and a favorable environment, guaranteeing it is ready for processing into wavy hair. Queen Hair has been providing hair for many gorgeous African and Caucasian women all around the world since 2010.
With this wavy hair look, a hair extension set or a wig made of Queen Hair virgin hair weaves will guarantee you a gorgeous, timeless look, yet easy to manage if you follow these how to take care of wavy hair steps. We strongly believe in our motto “Discover your inner queen”, as caring for your hair goes further than just appearance, it is finding your own hidden beauty and the potential you have.
Contact Queen Hair Factory‘s on social media if you want to place an order or simply learn more about hair! Our experts would gladly assist you in looking like the Queen that you are.
- Whatsapp: +84844444829
- Instagram: @queenhair_official