Microlinks is one of the hottest hair extension styles this year due to it natural and amazing look that it brings. If you are still unsure if you should install microlinks, read this article to know your answer.
- 1 What is microlinks hair
- 2 How long do microlinks last
- 3 How much are microlinks
- 4 Microlinks pros and cons
- 5 How to take care of microlinks properly
- 6 Amazing alternative for microlinks
- 6.1 Alternative for microlinks
- 6.2 Top 5 reliable factories that supplies alternative for microlinks
- 6.2.1 Queen Hair Factory – Top 1 hair factor that supplies alternative for microlinks
- 6.2.2 K-Hair – Top 2 that supplies alternative for microlinks
- 6.2.3 5S Hair – Top 3 that supplies alternative for microlinks
- 6.2.4 Honest hair factory – Top 4 that supplies alternative for microlinks
- 6.2.5 Sunber Hair- Top 5 that supplies alternative for microlinks
What is microlinks hair
Microlinks, also known as microbeads, are one of the most high-tech wig attachments available today. Microlinks uses tiny metal tubes to attach the hair extensions to the wig. These microlinks are made of aluminum or copper. It depends on the microlinks, but most of these metal tubes will have non-slip silicone inside to help keep them in place.
How long do microlinks last
To answer the question “how long do microlinks last” will often depend on how to take care of each person.
- On average, microlinks extensions can last from 10 to 12 weeks if you take care of your hair properly.
- However, since our natural hair is shed every day, and when using microlinks, you are not combing your hair as you normally would, which can result in a shorter lifespan.
So we recommend going to the salon every 3 weeks to have the hairdressers open the microlinks to re-comb your hair, then reattach the microlinks to cleaner hairs. This will help you to have smooth and healthy hair.
How much are microlinks
The price of microlinks are quite expensive. This is understand because to apply the microlinks on to the hair, you will cost 3 expenses: the microlinks, hair extension, and professional hairdresser. We highly recommend you to apply the microlinks extensions by a professional in order to not damage your real hair.
- In order to apply microlinks extensions full head, the microlinks install cost will take about $200 to $900 depending on the salon you go to.
- It will take 150 to 200 microlinks to apply full head. 150 microlinks can be made into 6 rows of hair and 200 can make into 8 rows.
In general, you don’t have to go for a full head of microlinks, it depends on your needs. If you want to have a full thick long hair, you can apply only 8 rows which is 200 microlinks. On the other hand, if you just want to add volume to the hair, you just need to apply 100 to 150 microlinks.
Microlinks pros and cons
Each type of hair extension will have its own strengths and weaknesses. microlinks are no exception. Before deciding to apply microlinks extensions, you should consider these things carefully.
Pros of microlinks
Microlinks has many outstanding features. Below we will give 3 special pros of microlinks.
- Applying microlinks is very quick and not time consuming. One time attaching microlinks is usually within 1 hour depending on the hairdresser.
- Microlinks extensions don’t need to use heat or any adhesive to attach the hair to the extension, so your hair won’t be damaged. So if you are wondering “do microlinks damage your hair?”, the answer is NO.
- Microlinks extension looks very natural. Microlinks are very small metal tubes, so they will easily blend with your real hair, thereby creating a very beautiful and natural hair.
Cons of microlinks
However, microlinks extensions will have their own drawbacks. Before applying microlinks, you should carefully consider the following 3 things.
- Microlinks install cost is high. Because microlinks look so natural and are made by professional hairdressers, the price of microlinks is often expensive.
- Microlinks are not suitable for too short hair. With hair from 4 to 5 inches, microlinks usually do not apply. If your hair is too short, you should wait a while before attaching microlinks.
- Microlinks are not suitable for too weak hair, because doing so will cause your real hair to break.
How to take care of microlinks properly
If you do not take care of your microlinks carefully, there is a high chance that your microlinks will not be as durable as expected. Here is a guide to take care of microlinks extension properly.
How to wash your microlinks extension
To keep your hair at its best, you must know how to wash it properly. Here are the steps to wash copper with microlinks extensions.
- Step 1: Use your fingers to comb your hair while it’s dry. Comb from the ends of your hair, then slowly work your way up to the microlinks. Remember to brush carefully so you don’t get caught in the microlinks. You can use a wide-tooth comb instead of a finger.
- Step 2: Apply shampoo to your hair. Start at the top and work your way down to the microlinks extension. Be careful not to wash in a circular motion, as this will mess up your hair. Use your fingers or a wide tooth comb to spread the shampoo evenly and especially do not use too much force, be very gentle.
- Step 3: Rinse your hair with warm water. Squeeze your hair nicely, from the top of your head down. You should let the rinse water gently on your head and do not rub microlinks.
How to dry microlinks extension
There are two ways to dry microlinks extensions. The first is to use a towel to dry naturally, the second is to use a blow-dryer.
- Use a towel to dry microlinks hair extension: Use a towel to gently absorb into hair and scalp. Never rub your hair as it will tangle your hair. After soaking, let your hair dry naturally.
- Use a blow-dryer to dry microlinks: When using a blow-dryer, it’s natural that you leave the dryer on low-heat, not too hot. Because microlinks are made from metal tubes, using a hot dryer can damage your scalp. However, blow-drying is not the method we recommend.
Amazing alternative for microlinks
Microlinks is a great hair extension style. However, there are many more extension types that may suit you.
Alternative for microlinks
If microlinks are out of your budget, you can try these types of extensions since they are also very favored by many women.
- Sew in hair extensions: the hair extension is attached to your real hair by a clip. This is a simple and convenient method. You can easily do it yourself at home without any help. It takes 5 to 10 minutes to install.
- Tape-in: The hair is spread evenly on a tape, and then the hairdresser will attach it to your actual hair. This method requires a professional to do but the budget for tape in will definitely be lower than microlinks.
- Hair weave: The extension is attached to a thread and then a hairdresser will sew it into your real hair after you braid it into cornrows. Many women like this method because it helps to protect your real hair and also gives a beautiful look.
Top 5 reliable factories that supplies alternative for microlinks
Here are the 5 hair factories that have a wide range of extensions which are a great substitute for microlinks.
Queen Hair Factory – Top 1 hair factor that supplies alternative for microlinks
Queen Hair is one of the top hair factories that has been supplying hair extension for many salons to make microlinks. Queen Hair is based in Vietnam – a raw material country so the hair quality is always outstanding and stable.
- Queen Hair price is affordable. Queen Hair is based in the material are and hired low wage workers, the company factory also produces on a massive scale.
- Queen Hair Factory products are of high quality. The hair is gathered from healthy donors who have a balanced diet and their wash is washed with herbs.
- Queen Hair products are diverse. The company offers a wide range of hairstyles and colors.
- Website: Queen Hair
- Whatsapp: (84)8444444835
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
K-Hair – Top 2 that supplies alternative for microlinks
K- Hair was established for many years now and has since become one of the top factories that supplies alternative hair extensions for microlinks.
- Main product: weft hair extensions, bundles
- Shipping: DHL, UPS, FedEx
5S Hair – Top 3 that supplies alternative for microlinks
5S Hair is an amazing hair vendor that provides substitutes for microlinks. The company has a variety of hairstyles with great hair quality.
- Main product: weft hair, bundles
- Shipping: DHL, UPS, FedEx
Honest hair factory – Top 4 that supplies alternative for microlinks
This company has many great alternatives for microlinks. This firm is based in China a provide many styles of extension.
- Main product: weft hair, wigs,
- Shipping: DHL, UPS, FedEx
Sunber Hair- Top 5 that supplies alternative for microlinks
This hair vendor has many experience in the hair industry. The company has many hair extensions that can be a great alternative for microlinks.
- Main product: weft hair
- Shipping: DHL, UPS, FedEx